How to learn French?
Our resources have been created to build phonological awareness in learners by specifically targeting phonemic awareness. This explicit and systematic approach to teaching phonics is based on:
- teaching phonemes and their associated graphemes.
- learning phonemes in a particular order.
- recalling phonemes through jingles and gestures.
- associating phonemes with high frequency keywords that are research-based recommended.
- maximizing learning of phonemes by choosing French keywords that resemble English words.
- identifying phonemes that have different graphemes.
- identifying phonemes that are pronounced differently but have the same grapheme.
- integrating learning of phonemes with their letter formation (handwriting)
- blending phonemes to read and write simple words.